Get high-quality medical attention, quickly and affordably at Southwest Family Physicians. Our clinic not only sees patients for routine care but we are equipped to see urgent care patients for treatment of many illnesses and injuries. Our clinic provides EKGs, minor surgical procedures, lab services, and prescriptions. Once you’ve experienced our warm welcoming environment, you’ll want to choose Southwest Family Physicians for your routine care too!
What is Urgent Care at Southwest Family Physicians?
Urgent care is defined as medical issues that are time-sensitive but not serious enough to warrant a visit to the emergency room. Our goal is to provide you with same-day care for non-life-threatening symptoms that save you the time and money of visiting the ER. We have same day appointments Monday-Saturday to accommodate your urgent care needs.
What are common reasons to visit us for your Urgent Care needs?
- Minor cuts or burns
- Flu and cold symptoms
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Animal bites
- Mild asthma
- Headaches and migraines
- Joint and back pain
- Ear infections
- Sore throats
When should I go to the Emergency Room instead?
- Heart attack or stroke symptoms such as sudden numbness or chest pain, disorientation, slurred speech, seizure or loss of consciousness.
- Head injury, serious bleeding or trauma or for any other injury that could be potentially life threatening.
- Severe asthma or trouble breathing.
- If you are unsure whether an emergency room is required, it is best to err on the safe side and visit a local ER or call 911.