Topiramate is commonly used to treat epilepsy and migraines among other ailments, but could it also be causing you to lose weight?
- 3/4 cup pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts (6 ounces)
- 5 cups basil leaves, chilled and perfectly dry
- 6 small garlic cloves, quartered
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan (or Pecorino) cheese
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°. Toast the nuts on a baking sheet for about 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Coarsely chop the basil leaves. Combine the basil and garlic in a mortar and pound to a coarse paste using the pestle. Add the nuts and pound again until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan and or Pecorino, then 3/4 cup of the olive oil. Transfer the pesto to a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste!
Enjoy on zoodles (zucchini noodles), salad wraps, omelettes, meat, or anthing that is improved by sauce!