Food is supposed to nourish us and give us energy to accomplish our daily tasks and move us forward in life. What happens when our food habits are holding us back, or even making us sick?
What if sugar is controlling you instead of you controlling your sugar habits?
1. Unplanned Use - consuming more sweets/food than you originally intended or spending more time consuming than you intended.
2. Neglected Responsibilities - consumption of sugar/food, or the physical discomfort or lack of energy after consumption keeps you from doing your daily activities.
3. Uncontrolled Use - you have wanted to cut back on your sugar/food consumption, but you haven't been able to.
4. Objections - your family, friends, or others have objected to your overeating habits.
5. Preoccupation - you have found yourself preoccupied with seeking out certain foods.
6. Emotional Discomfort - you use food to alleviate emotional discomfort, such as stress, fatigue, sadness, anger, or boredom.
a) In the past year, have you ever eaten more sweets or food than you intended, or spent more time eating than you intended to? Y/N
b) In the past year, have you ever felt that you wanted or needed to cut down on eating certain foods or sweet things? Y/N
c) Has a family member, friend, or anyone else ever told you they objected to your overeating certain foods? Y/N
d) Have you ever found yourself preoccupied with wanting sweets or certain foods or found yourself thinking a lot about eating them? Y/N
e) Have you ever used sweets/food to relieve emotional discomfort, such as stress, fatigue, sadness, anger, or boredom, etc.? Y/N