- 1lb ground chicken or cubed tofu
- 8oz white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha, depending on desired spice level
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- Other vegetables of choice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
Note: If making pickled vegetables, start these first so they can pickle while you cook. See below.
- Chop mushrooms into small pieces, sauté with a bit of vegetable oil until soft. Add ground chicken or tofu and sauté until mostly cooked through, some pink is okay at this step.
- While this is cooking, mix together rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha (to desired spice level).
- Once cooked fully, add the sauce mixture and sauté until most of the liquid from the sauce has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Carefully remove iceberg lettuce pieces to make lettuce wraps of desired size. Be careful to not rip the leaves so that they are big enough to wrap. Generally 4-5 good sized wraps per person is enough.
- Spoon meat mixture onto lettuce wraps, make sure to put enough to be substantial but not enough that it’s impossible to wrap.
- Top with pickled vegetables of choice.
- Spoon some leftover sauce mixture on top.
- Chop vegetables into small long pieces. Onions can be cut in half and thinly chopped, carrots should be cut into small stick shapes.
Add vegetables to a Mason jar or Tupperware.
- Combine vinegar, water, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour boiling liquid into Mason jar, add lid, and let sit in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
Makes: 3 servings
Per serving: 10 grams carbs, 32 grams protein